Katie Baker ’08
Producer. Manager. Award-winner.
一道本不卡免费高清Podcasts aren’t just Katie Baker’s work: they’re her passion.
When Katie Baker ’08 began working with one of Columbia College Chicago’s full-time internship coordinators, she set the course for a bright future in radio. She secured an internship at Oprah Radio, and that internship turned into a full-time job as one of the station’s producers. During her six and a half years there, she won three Gracie Awards, which honor the outstanding work of women in radio, television, print, and other media. Thanks to the professional network she built at Oprah Radio, Baker now works as the Premium Publishing Associate Manager at Midroll Media, a podcast company. She helps bring podcasts to thousands of listeners through Stitcher, an app that allows subscribers to listen to podcasts on demand. But podcasts aren’t just Baker’s work: They’re her passion. She shares some of her favorite podcasts below.
- Doug Loves Movies: Comedian Doug Benson discusses his favorite movies with critics and friends.
- Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project: Comedian Andy Daly performs as eight fictional podcasts hosts.
- Teachers’ Lounge: Members of the improv troupe Big Grande perform as four high school teachers up to no good.
- Small Town Dicks: Detectives discuss the crimes they investigate in small-town America.
- Lovett or Leave It: Former Obama speechwriter Jon Lovett brings in journalists, comedians, and political experts to discuss the week’s biggest news.